No matter what precautions we take, parasites are an annoying fact of life for our pets. In addition to bothersome scratching, parasites can cause infection and diseases that can be dangerous or even deadly to both pets and their companions. The Photon Genie is excellent for insuring your friend is protected from these internal intruders.
Learning about general health care for your pet will help you take preventive steps and recognize signs of trouble. CAPC (Companion Animal Parasite Council) sites the following statistics with regard to pets and parasites: (www.petsandparasites.org)
- Between 1 and 3 million people are infected with hookworm by their pets each year
- 34% of dogs in the US are infected with gastrointestinal parasites
- 244,000 dogs in the US are infected with heartworm every year
- Fleas can give other parasites such as tapeworms, to your pet
- Puppies should be dewormed at 2 weeks of age
- General tips to prevent transmitting parasites between pets and family include:
- Wash your hands well after contact with an animal.
- Do not allow children to put dirt in their mouths.
- Pick up dog and cat waste from your yard daily, especially in areas where both children and animals play.
- Cover home sandboxes to protect them from fecal contamination.
Importantly, Importantly, the pets benefit from the Photon Genie too.
Many pets are attracted to the Photon Genie energy transmitters (flat packs) and easily sleep with them. For specific pet protocols, call us at 877-777-4788.